AA Limelight Interview with Osric Chau
Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Osric. My roots are Chinese but I’m very much Canadian. I’ve been bouncing between Vancouver, Beijing and Los Angeles primarily for the last 3 years on various projects.
Acting was an acquired taste for me, and luckily it happened just before a few career changing opportunities came my way. My biggest hobby is film-making. And about 90% of anything I see people do, gives me the biggest itch to partake in that activity.
What led you to acting?
My first acting teacher introduced me to an agent, whom I’m still with, when I was about 9. For years I was never really active, but I wasn’t inactive either. I started training in Wushu when I was 13 and really wanted to do stunt work. My girlfriend, senior year in High School, got me to audition for the school play with her. I was cast as John Proctor in The Crucible. That was the first time I felt that I acted well.
In 2007, after 7 years of training in wushu, I enrolled in the Beijing Sports University to train wushu more intensely than I ever had. I made the Canadian National Wushu Team that year and was offered my first significant acting role as a lead on Kung Fu Killer, a mini series for Spike TV, primarily because of my martial arts abilities. Gradually after that as I continued to find work as an actor, my passion transitioned from stunt work to acting, and I’ve learned to love the intricacies and challenges of both.
- ask-misssashamagick reblogged this from samandkevin
- 100celebsiwouldbang reblogged this from samandkevin
- is-time-to-live-the-life likes this
- morningstarlovesmoose likes this
- coffeeofacoffee reblogged this from aalimelight
- emmaoverland likes this
- vicious-sock likes this
- coffeeofacoffee likes this
- samandkevin reblogged this from aalimelight
- fascinasians likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident reblogged this from aalimelight
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- aalimelight posted this